At Mutoni we believe the protection of the environment is an important element of our corporate culture and that no process is so important that we can not find a safe, healthy and environmentally sound way of carrying out our projects.
When constructing projects in environmentally sensitive areas, such as critical dunes or wetlands, we work with local agencies to ensure strict enforcement of all applicable laws, ordinances, and directives. We routinely segregate construction waste for recycling when applicable on project job sites.
Mutoni Construction is committed to providing work places which are safe, healthy and friendly environments where safe working practices are insisted upon. We want everyone to encourage responsible behaviour and to contribute positively to seeking safer and more productive ways to work.
Directors Responsibilities For Health & Safety
We know that the health and safety culture comes from the top of the company. Our directors are committed to the values and the policies set out in this document. In accordance with this policy, the directors and management endorse the following action points:
- The directors accept formally and publicly its collective role in providing health and safety leadership for the company
- The directors require all management functions within the company to be carried out in a manner that reflects the health and safety intentions of this policy statement.
- The directors accept their role in engaging the active participation of workers in improving health and safety
It is our policy to provide:
- A place of work, systems of work and plant that are safe and do not pose a risk to the health, safety and welfare of our employees, independent contractors, members of associated companies and the general public, so far as it is reasonably practicable to do so.
- Appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision for all employees.
- The allocation of sufficient resources to enable the health and safety policy to function effectively.
- Regular consultation with employees, contractors, environmental health officers and other relevant organisations.
- Regular assessment of operational performance, incident investigation reports and audit information through a system of management review meetings in order to ensure continual improvement.
- Commitment to ensuring health and safety matters are an integral part of the business.
- Commitment to complying with statutory requirements, approved codes of practice, recognised guidelines and other relevant industry standards.
- Commitment to the understanding of changes in working arrangements which have significant implications for Health and Safety
- Technical guidance and supporting information in order to assist management in developing risk assessments and associated method statements.
July 2014 – June 2015:
- To maintain a year on year 10% reduction of the Accident Frequency Rate
- Close out all Non Conformances
- Introduce the Mutoni Construction Safety Leadership program to all key contractors engaged in Mutoni Construction projects.